Nest is an online course and community for thriving in early motherhood. Create the communities that nurture and support you throughout the childbearing year and discover what you and your baby need to be rested, well fed and happy in the weeks after birth.
- 30-34 weeks pregnant?
- High-achieving and growth-oriented?
- Keen to breastfeed, but a bit confused and worried?
- Concerned about exhaustion and postpartum depression?
- Thrilled to be having a baby, but wondering what could be so hard about it and what mothers do all day?
Prepare you on all levels for the most enduring phase of your pregnancy-and-birth journey: motherhood. Nest centres the needs of mothers and newborn babies, and guides you in creating the structures that support you: a loving community, abundant practical assistance, focussed coaching and deep self-care.
- Get organized with what you and baby really need for the first six-to-twelve weeks, so you can rest, relax, and bond.
- Create your very own sisterhood of mothers who know exactly what you’re going through, so you’ll never feel alone.
- Get smart on the preoccupations of new mothers, breastfeeding and sleep, and line up support.
- Explore unexamined and undermining beliefs about motherhood, babies, and early motherhood.
- Establish self-care practices from the very beginning, so that you stay healthy in body, mind and spirit.
Gives you not only innovative content, but also continuous community from late pregnancy through birth and early motherhood – and as long as you desire afterwards, we’re with you.
Content. Nest content is primarily delivered in the last weeks of your pregnancy and designed to get you ready for early motherhood:
- New Story, New Sisterhood: introductions
- Centering Mother-Baby: the babymoon and continual contact
- Support the Body: practical assistance for the activities of daily living
- Support the Soul: limit stuff and lavish sisterhood to promote intimacy
- Support the Mind: learn about breastfeeding and infant sleep
- Support the Spirit: nature and your daily self-care practice
The Nest community hang out is our online forum, hosted here at BelugaBean.com and moderated by Allison. It is our collective, round-the-clock space for questions, concerns, celebrations and sharing.
Content + Community.
Allison also hosts weekly drop-in meetings online for the entire Nest community. These are an opportunity for additional content in the form of live group coaching, ad hoc topics and special guests.
- Six 90-minute modules in six weeks in your third trimester of pregnancy.
- Live video-conferences online led by Allison.
- Moderated, online community forum, for as long as you desire.
- Weekly drop-in video-conference calls with Allison upon completion of the modules, for as long as you desire.
- New Dads session: a live webinar with Allison for your partner to help him prepare and be the best support for you and baby.
Register for Nest
Ease into motherhood with support
To register for NEST click below now. Once we receive your info, we’ll set you up with your workbook, schedule and first video call with Allison.
Interested in a Free Webinar?
Your Hormones Are Your Helpers
Learn the physiology of mother-infant thriving. If you would like to join this informative and insightful live webinar with Allison, please click the button.
Q&A with Allison
Learn more about the Nest program, ask questions that are on your mind and get to know Allison. If you would like to join the Q&A, please click the button below.
Allison Mecham Evans
Everything changed when I gave birth.
It wasn’t simply that I had a baby. In birth I discovered my power and in motherhood I discovered my value. Until then, I hadn’t known either of these things was missing. I had been happy before. I loved my career teaching English and my life with my husband. But birth and motherhood opened me up and made me, somehow, bigger.
I became a mother.
I didn’t return to the classroom, which no longer fit. Instead, for two years I went deep into motherhood, integrating the transformation. Toward the end of my second pregnancy, however, a new vocation presented itself: childbirth education. For eight years I taught HypnoBirthing, the Mongan Method, which had enabled the wonderful births of my two children, while also moving around the world – London, Tokyo, and Honolulu – with my husband, a US Naval officer.
I soon noticed that calm and easy births did not protect the mothers I worked with from struggling with early motherhood. And I realized that it hadn’t protected me, either. I trained as a life coach with Dr. Martha Beck to bring a wellness model not only to birth but to early motherhood. From this fusion I created Becoming a Mother, the only prenatal program that prepares expectant couples for both a great birth and a gentle, joyful early motherhood. Then I added in one-on-one coaching with women ready to realize new ambitions as mothers, women who want greater harmony between career and family, and who want better, more loving relationships.
Nest is my program for Beluga Bean. It is designed specifically to give expectant and new mothers support where it’s needed: in early motherhood. Early motherhood is meant to be easy and joyful; Nest shows you how.
I live in Omaha, Nebraska, with my husband of 22 years and our daughter (14) and son (12).
“Your body and your baby are trustworthy guides. Make room to listen to them and follow their lead, and the way becomes clear.” Allison Evans